Obtaining a GED online involves the following steps:
- Create an Account: Visit the official GED website (www.ged.com) or an authorized testing center’s platform and create an account, providing necessary personal information, including identification details.
- Payment: Pay the required exam fee using the online payment system. Fees may vary, so check the official website for accurate information.
- Study Preparation: Prepare for the GED by studying the relevant subjects. Utilize official GED study materials, practice tests, and any additional resources you find beneficial. Consider taking a practice test to familiarize yourself with the online testing format and identify areas that may need further review.
- Schedule for the Online GED Exam: Once ready, schedule your GED test online through the platform. Choose a suitable date, time, and testing location, ensuring it offers online testing options.
- System Requirements Check: Ensure your computer or device meets the technical requirements for online testing, including a stable internet connection, supported web browser, and necessary software. On the scheduled test day, log in to the online testing platform in advance. Follow any provided instructions for the check-in process and be ready to begin your exam.
- Take the GED Test: Answer questions for each subject during the online GED test. If you feel unprepared, you have the option to hire someone to take the GED exam for you. Takemygedtest.com provides a solution, with a team of experienced GED test takers who can remotely connect to your computer and take the GED test on your behalf. Live chat
GED Test Results
- Receive Your GED Test Score: Access your GED test scores online. Typically available within a day of completing the exams on the GED website, log in to your account to view your scores. A passing score is generally 145 or higher on each subject, although scoring systems may vary.
- Receive GED Certificate: Upon successfully passing all required subjects, you will receive your GED credential. You can request you transcript online. Recognized as equivalent to a high school diploma, this document can be used for further education or employment opportunities.